Member’s Tying Night: Guest Instructor Paul Monaghan
We organise monthly tying nights with some of the best fly tiers in the business. Open to all Anchored Outdoors members.
March Guest Instructor: Paul Monaghan
Fly Being Tied: Flashy Hollow
You Will Need:
- Hook: Ahrex TP610 4/0 or something similar
- Thread: white GSP 100D
- Wax for thread (gives grip)
- Glues: Liquid Fusion, Evostik Serious Glue, Gorilla Clear
- Bucktail in white, lime or chartreuse and light olive
- Any medium flash. As we’re tying an 8″ fly I like Hedron Flashabou Magnum in white, or silver if you can get white
- Hedron Flashabou in standard white.
- Hedron Polar Flash in a silver. SF Blend in white will do the job.
- For the flank anything pink. This can be SF Blend or Hedron Strung Fuzzy Fibre, for example.
- The head is Nayat in olive (which Paul darkens with black). The underside is white. If you can’t get nayat, then a predator type dubbing will do.
- Eyes are your choice. Paul prefers flat 2D eyes in 8 or 9mm on this size.
Here are the shops that will be able to ship to you:
USA – Schultz Outfitters:
Greg Senyo at [email protected]
USA – Royal Treatment Fly Shop:
Joel at +1 503-850-4397 or [email protected]
Canada – Michael and Young Fly Shop:
Catherine or Tim at +1 604-639-2278 or [email protected]
Australia – Troutlore
Rob at 0418 304 414 or [email protected]